Christmas Spiced Muffins
Sunfield Canola Oil creates perfectly moist, soft textured muffins. The aromatic spices bring a festive feel to these Christmas Spiced Mini Muffins.
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground cloves
½ tsp ground ginger
½ cup Sunfield Canola Oil
1 cup dark molasses
½ cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp baking soda
1 cup hot water
1. Preheat oven to 160C. Prepare 4 mini muffin tins (12 each) with paper cups. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, ginger, cinnamon and cloves. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, whisk vigorously, Sunfield Canola Oil, molasses, sugar and eggs. Set aside.
4. In a small bowl, dissolve baking soda with hot water. Add to oil and sugar mixture, whisking until fully blended. Fold in flour mixture and combine until well blended.
5. Divide evenly into prepared muffin cups. Bake for 10 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Let cool fully prior to removing.