Not only are they absolutely delicious and easy to make, they also make a great gift! Serve them as a snack, or after dinner in a bowl for everyone to dig in to!
2 cups Tasti Blanched Peanuts
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup water
A sprinkle of coarse sea salt and Tasti Sesame Seeds
1. In a heavy-duty fry pan or skillet, mix the peanuts with the sugar and water. Cook over moderate heat, stirring constantly for a few minutes until the sugary liquid begins to crystallise.
2. Keep stirring until the sugar gets dry around the peanuts.
3. Lower the heat and scrape any syrup from the bottom of the pan and coat the peanuts as much as possible. From time to time, remove the pan from the heat to regulate so that you coat the peanuts without burning them or the syrup. Continue until the peanuts are golden brown.
4. Just before they peanuts are done, sprinkle them with salt and sesame seeds, stir, then tip the peanuts onto a sheet of baking paper.
5. Let the peanuts cool completely, breaking up any clumps. Store in an airtight container for up to a week (if they last that long!)