The secret's out! This cheat's version of lamingtons uses store bought sponge cake for a super easy, bake free, quick and Tasti Treat!
1 270g store bought sponge cake
3 cups Tasti desiccated coconut
50g dark chocolate
1 ½ cups icing sugar
¼ cup sifted cocoa
¼ cup water
¼ cup milk
3 cups icing sugar
40g melted butter
½ packet raspberry jelly crystals
¼ cup boiling water
1. To make lamingtons, cut sponge cake into 18 pieces. Put coconut in a large bowl. Place a piece of baking paper on a rack for drying the dipped lamingtons.
2. Make chocolate topping by combining chocolate and water in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until chocolate has melted and mixture is smooth, then remove from heat.
3. Sift in the icing sugar and cocoa then pour in milk and stir until velvety. Place the bowl back over the water, off the heat, so the chocolate will not cool too quickly.
4. For the raspberry icing, place jelly crystals and icing sugar in a bowl. Add butter and water, mixing until smooth. If too thick add a small amount of water.
5. Using a large fork, dip half of the sponge pieces one at a time into the chocolate, and half into the raspberry mixture, drain slightly and then roll in Tasti desiccated coconut. Leave to set on lined rack. Makes 16.