Christmas Spiced Roasted Nuts
It's so satisfying to serve up nuts that you have roasted yourself, and it’s also super simple. These make a great little gift at Christmas!
2 cup of your favourite Tasti Nuts - we used Cashew, Almonds, Macadamia and Pecans.
2 TBS honey
2 TBS molasses or golden syrup
2 tsp gingerbread spice mix*
2 TBS brown sugar
*GINGERBREAD SPICE MIX
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp ginger
2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp all spice
1/4 tsp nutmeg
Pinch of pepper
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC.
2. Spread the nuts in a single layer on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
3. Roast for 5-7 minutes - tossing once in between.
4. Combine honey, molasses and gingerbread spice in a medium sized bowl.
5. Heat the mixture for a few seconds (in the microwave) to make it really runny.
6. Add the roasted nuts and toss to coat evenly.
7. Spread coated nuts again onto the lined baking tray and return to the oven for a further 5 minutes.
8. Combine sugar and salt in a medium bowl.
9. Let roasted nuts cool for 5 minutes then toss in sugar and salt mixture.
Store cooled nuts in an airtight container or jar.