There's nothing quite like Fruit Cake at Christmas! This twist on tradition turns cake into Tasti chocolate dipped cookies that are perfect anytime, especially with a cup of tea.
2 cups Tasti Walnut Pieces
1 cup Tasti Fruit Mix
1 cup Tasti Soft & Juicy Dates, chopped
2/3 cup Tasti Ready to Eat Apricots, chopped
1 cup Tasti Slivered Almonds
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 large egg, room temperature
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup dark chocolate melts
1. Place the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle with brandy and toss to combine. Let stand, covered, for 2 hours.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter, sugars and nutmeg until light and fluffy (5 minutes). Beat in egg. Gradually mix in flour. Stir in fruit mixture.
3. Divide dough in half: shape each half into rectangular logs. Wrap in glad wrap, refridgerate for an hour or until firm.
4. Preheat oven to 190ºC. Unwrap the dough and cut crosswise into 1.5cm slices. Place 3cm apart onto oven tray lined with ungreased baking paper. Bake for 10 minutes, then turn over and bake for a further 5-10 minutes until golden. Remove from trays to wire racks to cool.
5. Once cooled, melt chocolate and dip in one end to coat. Return to wire rack while chocolate sets. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.